Growing up vegetarian I had never tried a hot & spicy, but despite how grossed out by animal products as I was, like many other teens I still worked at a fast food restaurant in high school. I worked at Burger King for about 6 months, and during that time I was probably exposed to more fast food then the rest of my life collectively.
I did experiment with the Burger King Veggie burger, adding onion rings and whopper sauce to it, or really anything that didn’t contain meat. Despite how repulsive I found meat to be, I would notice the smell of the chicken sandwich and wonder what it was like. When my girlfriend and I first tried this vegan hot & spicy recipe I finally felt like I had joined the club. This recipe is super simple, yet so delicious!
Just take a vegan chicken patty (we used Simple Truth vegan chicken patties)and fry or grill it and marinade it in the buffalo almond milk mixture. The buffalo sauce is what adds the spicy kick to it. The beauty of this recipe is the simplicity, it is super fast to make, (we used to make them on our lunch break at work), and it tastes great! You will definitely feel like you are having some great fast food, yet with much less guilt.
Vegan "chicken" patties
Vegan hamburger buns
Non dairy milk (almond preferably)
1. Heat up oil in a non stick pan
2. Warm up vegan chicken patties
3. In a separate pan heat up 2/3 cups of non dairy milk and add 2 tbs of buffalo sauce
4. Once the vegan chicken patties are almost done dip them in the sauce coating all sides
5. Continue to cook the vegan chicken patties to desired crispiness
6. Put vegan mayo, lettuce, and patties onto the buns